July 5, 2008

Indoor Hammock??

One day this week I had four bored children stuck in the house, because of a summer rain. I went upstairs to grab a large piece of silky butterfly fabric I had in my stash. I thought we could play the parachute game with it. (Two people lift it up while others run under it...) They got a kick out of that game, and played it for awhile. Once we were done with that game I tied the fabric around a step, making a hammock. They had so much fun they wanted me to make another one, so I just used an old twin bed sheet! They all had a blast!
The hammocks are still hanging, I'll give it a week or so, or until they stop using them!
They swing, they spin, they just hang and watch movies! It has been fun to watch! :)






4 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Oh that looks like fun. I wish I could try it. How did you get those tied so securely? What a good mom you are!
    Dawn said...
    How did you secure those to the step? How convenient that you have "open" stairs!...What a neat idea -- indoor swings!...You are so imaginative!..By the way, I love that fabric!
    Dawn said...
    Hey, come on. . . It's been 3 days. Get busy here!
    Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...
    Okay you are a cool mom who plays with your kids and does fun things with them. You are making us crappy mom feel really guilty. Those are the times that they will remember and it will be because you loved them enough to take time out of your day to play with them. Don't ever forget that you are a wonderful mom!

Post a Comment